Tokyo Japan, (April 2, 2013)-General Incorporated Association EDUCO, the premier Open Source Software (OSS) certification organization, announced that EDUCO will release the English and Japanese version of the "OSS-DB Professional Certification Exam (Silver/Gold)," the vendor neutral PostgreSQL Professional Certification, worldwide on April 2.
OSS-DB Professional Certification was first introduced in Japan and the examinations have seen a significant success.
PostgreSQL is equivalent to the commercially available closed source relational database management systems (RDBMS) for most applications. Since the PostgreSQL license is free, it has an extremely high cost performance compared to other commercially available DBMS.
PostgreSQL has been used in many Internet related servers and mission-critical manufacturing environments by major cloud vendors, hardware vendors, financial institutions, and other organizations around the world.
OSS-DB Professional Certification proves that certified professionals have the following skills and knowledge.
Is familiar with the internal structure of OSS-DB, such as PostgreSQL
Can optimize the performance of an open source database system
Can verify the use and condition of OSS-DB, such as PostgreSQL and troubleshooting
"Just like Linux became the de facto standard Operating System (OS) in many domains, PostgreSQL will become the de facto standard DBMS in many DB applications. In the OS domain, knowing both the closed source OS and Linux provided far better job opportunities to many IT professionals than those who knew only the closed source OSs.
Similarly, knowing both closed source DBMS and PostgreSQL will open up new opportunities for DBMS professionals," said Gen Narui, Chairman of EDUCO.
- URL: https://oss-db.jp/eng_index.html
- Exam Registration: https://home.pearsonvue.com/oss-db
- Certification name: Open Source Software Database Professional Certification Silver/Gold
- Exam name: Open Source Software Database Professional Certification Exam Silver/Gold
(OSS-DB Exam Silver/Gold)
- Detailed objectives: https://oss-db.jp/outline/eng_examarea
- Number of exam questions: Silver; 50 per exam, Gold; 30 per exam
- Duration of exam: 90 minutes
- Exam Fee: $150/exam (without tax)
- Language: English, Japanese
- Registration for the exam: through Pearson VUE testing centers worldwide from April 2
EDUCO manages LPI-Japan, the world's largest OSS professional certification organization having 200,000 LPIC exam takers and 70,000 LPIC holders in Japan.
Tel: 81 (3) 3568-4482
FAX: 81 (3) 3568-4483
© EDUCO (General Incorporated Association Educo) all rights reserved.